Oracle BI Applications leverages the advantages of Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition (ODI)
ODI helps to integrate data end-to-end across the full BI Applications architecture, supporting capabilities such as data-lineage which helps business users identify report-to-source capabilities. And while Oracle has re-architectured the solution to use ODI, major concepts still remain the same. For example, mappings and the data warehouse still supports multiple sources, full and incremental loads, slowly changing dimensions, and can be customized.
Customers can choose the option to replicate their data in real-time using Oracle GoldenGate.
There are five key elements that differentiate Oracle Data Integration from other data integration offerings and make it the logical strategic choice as the foundation for Oracle BI Applications:
1. Completeness: Real-time, Bulk data movement, transformation, DQ, data federation
2. Best in class performance, availability, and reliability. - EL-T architecture
3. Fast time to value - Declarative Design
4. Open and standards-based
5. Low total cost of ownership, no midtier apps server, can scale with DW
Oracle BI Applications are optimized to work especially with two Oracle Engineered Systems. Exalytics and the Exadata Database Machine. Especially for Exadata, where there’s an even greater advantage for using Oracle Data Integration products with Oracle BI Applications.
New Oracle Data Integration: BI Apps are completely re-architected to leverage Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate.
· BI Applications is now available with next-generation Data Integration. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) delivers unique next-generation, Extract Load and Transform (E-LT) technology that improves performance and reduces data integration costs—even across heterogeneous systems, and improves productivity.
· Functional Setup Manager provides a Web based Administrative User Interface to track and manage implementation projects and their required functional setup steps
· Configuration Manager provides a centralized Web based administrative user interface to simplify the setup and maintenance of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications.
· A new optional pre-packaged solution, that leverages GoldenGate, eliminates the need for an ETL batch window and minimizes the impact on OLTP systems, while providing near real-time reporting and enabling more reliable change data capture and delete support.
· Customers may continue alternatively to use Oracle BI Apps 7.9.6.x and Informatica ETL.
Post a Comment